Tuesday 2 August 2016

The Journey Continues


So its happening... As of August 17 our little family will be moving to a remote community in Northern Ontario called Lac Seul. Its a very exciting and somewhat scary adventure that we're about to embark on for sure. Not so much in an outdoor environment sense, more so in living and taking part in such a different culture. My wife has often spoke of her willingness to teach First Nation children even prior to knowing about the amazing teaching organization known as Teach For Canada. What is Teach For Canada you ask? It is a non-profit teacher recruiting organization that works with First Nation communities in finding great teachers and to also prepare and provide support for the teachers of these communities. As I type this my wife has just begun the second week of a three week summer enrichment program to prepare the teachers for what lies ahead. I can tell you from secondhand experience that it is an extremely informative and in-depth program that has led to many late nights and long days.

Leading up to the summer enrichment program our little family had rarely seen time apart. Having been off work since September 2015 Ive focused solely raising my beautiful little boy and his older brother and strengthening my bond with my beautiful wife. It really has been a once in a lifetime opportunity being able to do so, specially with seeing my youngest son grow so very much enjoying and learning in his first year of life on planet Earth. With both mom and maman being home, the boys have been on countless outdoor adventures, whether it be kayaking, snorkeling, swimming or snowshoeing. The values that are instilled into these young minds really are amazingly special. Being so closely connected with mother nature is something that has been lost in the tech savvy, full steam ahead way of life that has consumed most of the world at this point and in some ways it truly is sad. I see teens so focused on capturing a Pokemon in the recently released game Pokemon Go for instance. How has this activity gained the upper hand against the infinitely beautiful and complex world of the outdoors. To say that I'm 100% unhappy with this is not true however, as it has offered a demographic of people the opportunity to at least escape their gaming rooms, though it somehow seems slightly insincere. This opinion coming from a girl who has put her fare share of time behind a gaming controller. To me it simply reinforces the importance of instilling a connection with nature into my children. Through hard work and great determination my wife has achieved this great experience. It really does bring tears to my eyes knowing that she too holds these great values as well as the power to push through such adversity. Words really cannot express just how much I truly love this woman. While speaking at a recent LGBT inclusion meeting, the most beautiful and sincere words come from her mouth and I could not have said it any better. She said; "There is a Jennifer without Mïta and then there's a Jennifer with Mïta.. " Implying that I somehow help her in achieving even greater things in life than she would be able to being alone. These words really did hit me right down to the very core of my being and soul and every time they ring in my head it brings me to literal tears. To this I would reciprocate them right back at her two fold.. She really does take me to heights I would have never dreamt of achieving. Every day I wake up beside the most beautiful woman I have ever laid eyes upon, both in beauty and perhaps even more so in a caring and compassionate sense. Its also been tough over this three week course that she is partaking in not having her around. There is a giant emptiness in our home everyday and an even greater one every night beside me. Its also been a fight to calm my mind and fall into the dreamworld knowing she isn't around. This short term sacrifice however is going to bring our little family to new heights and allow us to experience amazing things and I can say with the utmost certainty, that there isn't any other person on this planet whom I'd rather live this experience and journey with than my wife... Xoxo


2 comments:

  1. Beautiful photos! good luck and enjoy the new place ;)



    ~Me & Adam

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hy looking for the gay pride and you want to get good quality and services. If you also searching for the gay pride artwork and gay pride clothing. Get services for all gay pride, gay pride artwork, gay pride clothing, gay, lesbian, transgender and lgbtq.

    ReplyDelete