Tuesday 5 March 2013

In the begining...

    So... If  you don't know who I am you may be wondering, just who is this "strange/different" person.  Well, my name is Mïta, up until about  8 months ago I had been living my life as a man. From a very young age I have struggled  with the status of just what gender I was.  This is the story of how Mike was finally able to find the strength within himself to become the woman he/she truly was. This is a story of someone living their life... And living another life at the same time. My story is fairly short, 32 times around the sun to be exact. A life filled with amazing happiness, great sorrow and unforgettable experiences. Since realising my true self, life has thrown positive experience after positive experience onto my path. Helping me realise just how precious life is as well as just how short a time we truly have to live our dreams and see all that we dream of seeing. My goal with bringing this out to everyone is to hopefully gather awareness  of transgender issues, to show people that amazing things come to those who are honest with themselves and good  to others.

    My life as Mike began as any other young boys does. I grew up in northern Ontario Canada. I have two younger siblings. I had two very loving and kind parents whose sole goal it seemed was to bring as much happiness and positive experiences in their children's lives as they could. Mike as a child was very reserved though confident and overly kind to most everyone. A bit of a daredevil at times when out in nature or with a bike underneath. Till the age of around 7 I attended Sunday church with my family, not missing very many masses. I was truly blessed with being able to stay connected with nature as a child. My father was an avid boater and snowmobile enthusiast which led to a life of enjoying all this area had to offer. Whether it was swimming, boating, snowmobiling or fishing, everyday was filled with amazing adventure. I sometimes struggled to fit in at school but realised at a very young age that I would rather lead than follow. I spent a lot of time playing the role of protector throughout my elementary school  years. Defending the kids who struggled more than i did with their peers. In a way that role as guardian may have singled me out, helping me see that being different wasn't a bad thing. I was a tall kid, more often than not the tallest in my class even till the end of secondary school. My mom tells me stories she would hear through teacher-parent  meetings of  my role in watching out for those less fortunate than me. To this day I feel that life really does reciprocate what you put into it. It must! Is has to be this way!  Hard work, helping others in need and staying positive no matter what life throws your way I believe are the major reasons I think why life has led me down this path of happiness and self discovery. So then, at what age did I first struggle with feelings that I wasn't the boy in the mirror? Well, my first ever experience in questioning my gender was at the age of 3. You know its funny how I can remember all of these terrible physical pain experiences at very young ages. Such as putting my hand on the stove element at the age of 3, crystal clear in my mind, or the time I touched the glowing red muffler on the lawn mower. Pain so excruciating, my mind imprinted that memory to the utmost clarity to protect my future self from making the same mistake again. Then there's this memory sans any pain, in fact its a memory of utmost calm and happiness. My wanting to to see what it was like to do what girls did and experience what girls at that age experienced. You have to remember that, in those days(god I'm old lol)there was no computer in the house at all!  You went out and made friends in the neighbourhood and played outside, waiting for my mom or dad to yell out into the back yard to come home for supper or lunch. I remember having strong feelings of envy of my female friends. Wondering what it must be like to be like them.. To be a girl.

To be continued...

No comments:

Post a Comment