Sunday 23 March 2014

Boobie Tuesday!!!! Dreams achieved!!!


Buster my therapy dog :)
Happy eight week old boobies!! Over the past few weeks of healing I've been taking notice and noting the changes that I have been experiencing and thought that maybe my experiences could possibly help someone in a similar situation as myself who's thinking of having breast augmentation surgery. Just to note, these are my own personal experiences in regards to my recovery.

The Waking..
Awaking from a narcotic induced sleep is an interesting experience. Your senses seem to come alive one by one. First your sight, like a layer of thin sheets being pulled off one by one until you regain focus over the course of what seemed like a few minutes or so. My sense of hearing was also slightly muffled as I awoke, as if my ears were full of cotton balls. It didn't take long however to realise that there was something different about how my chest felt. Slightly constricted, tingly in certain area but for the most part numb, however the new weight on my chest was a feeling that I had dreamt of having my whole life. The nurse was the first person I saw followed by the doctor, they both stood there smiling at me for a few seconds then proceeded to bring my girlfriend in the recovery room. The amount of happiness and emotion that flowed through me the moment she entered the room was something I will never forget till the day I physically leave this planet. Her smile and beautiful eyes broke me down the second our eyes met. Tears rolled down my cheeks as she came to my bedside to hold me and we smiled there, together..


Recovery...
Now by my personal choice I decided before the surgery that I was not going to take painkillers during the healing process. My theory is that I would rather be sober and able to listen to what my body is telling me rather than be numb to the signals my body is sending. It proved to be a great choice in the end as I was able to recover extremely quickly and to get back to a very physically demanding workplace within three weeks of surgery. For my recovery, we planned to stay with my girlfriends parents for the week as I had to do a follow-up three days after surgery to have drains removed before we travelled back to my hometown. The night of surgery was what I would call uncomfortable. The biggest issue I had with recovery was sleeping, due to being limited to only being able to sleep on my back. I was only able to sleep on my sides four to five days after the procedure due to the tightness of my skin. Getting dressed was also a trying activity. With my range of motion being severely limited, getting dressed was shall I say, difficult and having the extra help of my girlfriend proved to be invaluable! The day after surgery was a stiff one. Again having someone with you to help with every day easy-to-reach tasks is very helpful! For the rest of the week my boobs would be tightly bound by tensor bands and I would wear a sports bra over them until my drains were removed. Now with the drains, I was having to log the amount of fluid and time of day every time I drained the fluid which was no big deal. Day by day as the week progressed there were noticeable gains in range of motion and flexibility and by day three I was finally able to lift my arms over my head once again. On the follow up day we entered my surgeons office to have the drains removed and have the "girls" checked over before we departed from the big city of Toronto. Having the drains removed was slightly discomforting with the remaining holes(one for each side) being sealed by a water tight surgical tape which I would need to change until the incisions were fully healed every other day along with the implant incision as well.

Week To Week Progress..
 Going into surgery my bra size was a small A cup which was a huge benefit in regards to be able to fit a larger implant than was originally planed due to having more skin and breast tissue available to stretch. The results are quite amazing to say the least as pictures will show. Having gone as big as my skin would physically allow meant that the changes in the coming months would be quite dramatic as well. What began as large, firm round orbs atop my chest slowly began to settle, soften and plump up. In the 3 weeks following surgery I would go from a D to a DD solely based on the skin stretching. Issues that arise from loss of feeling due to nerve stretch and damage as a result of the augmentation are different again from person to person. For myself, the numbness began to subside on the fourth day after surgery. It came back first on my right side with the left side about a week behind. The one thing that I am very happy about as a side effect of the augmentation is an increased sensitivity to touch which is rather nice I might add.  Sitting at eight weeks now as I type this, the transformations are still happening. There is still some shaping happening, there is still changes is skin feeling as well. Another thing to add to this would be the fact that I am and have been on HRT(Hormone Replacement Therapy) so changes that are happening with the surgery are coinciding with the changes from the hormones. This whole event and adventure has truly been a dream that I HAVE realised!! It has taken a lifetime to happen but the point being is that if you truly have a dream or achievement that you wish to live, is to buckle down and do whatever it takes to get it done! There are more things that I need to achieve in this for sure and this amazing event has only reinforced the idea that all those things WILL happen because that is what needs to be done!! Live your dreams, strive for them and never let anything get in your way or stop you from realising all of them!!!!!


Mïta..




1 comment:

  1. You were able to go back to your work three weeks after surgery? That's great! With this, there’s no doubt that you’ll have a full recovery in no time. And thanks for sharing your experience. I agree, this experience will surely help and guide a lot of people who will consider breast augmentation for themselves.

    Carol Baker

    ReplyDelete